The 100+ Women Who Care approach is a simple and efficient approach to group philanthropy. Each women donates $100 four times a year, which comes out to just over $1 per day.
How Often Are Meetings?
100+ Women Who Care Regina members meet for one hour, four times per year.
Prior to a Meeting
A month before a meeting, we send out an email call for charity nominations from our members. An online nomination form can be completed.
Members have two weeks to put forward a charity for consideration. Three charities are randomly chosen to present to the membership.
Drawn charities are vetted to ensure they comply with the following guidelines:
- The organization is a registered charity or not-for-profit organization. Visit Canada Revenue Agency website for a complete listing of registered charities.
- The organization must able to provide tax receipts to each member for their donation.
- The organization must be locally based, in Regina and surrounding areas.
- If the charity is a national or international organization, it must have a local chapter.
- The charity must agree NOT to use member names for future solicitations, nor give member information out to the public.
- A charity may only win once per year.
At the Meeting
Meetings last approximately one hour. Registration will open 45 minutes prior to the meeting for refreshments.
At the meeting, the member who nominated the charity or a representative from the charity will pitch their cause.
Visit the Presentation Guidelines page for suggestions on making a great charity pitch.
A short Q&A session follows each presentation. After all three charity presentations, members vote (by secret ballot). While the ballots are being counted, the successful charity from the previous quarter returns to explain how the funds impacted their charity.
After the Meeting
At the end of the evening, each member will provide a cheque, e-transfer or cash for $100. Payment must be immediate, due to commitment to the chosen charity. The Steering Committee delivers the funds to the charity within the next week.
There will be an informal social time after the meeting if you wish to stay and mingle.
What If I Can’t Attend a Meeting?
If you are unable to attend a given meeting, please send regrets to firstname.lastname@example.org, honour your donation commitment expediently after the meeting. You may also submit a proxy ballot for the charity whom you would like to be the recipient.
Is 100+ Women Who Care Regina for you?
- You don’t have time in your busy life to volunteer but have been wanting to help those in need and you can commit to one hour every three months;
- You are involved with other groups but are interested in meeting other women who want to use the Power of 100 to raise money for worthy causes in Regina and surrounding area;
- You want 100% of your donations to go directly to a local charity;
- You want your $100 donation to become a part of a larger amount of money by joining together with other women—creating a powerful impact in our local area.
- You want to meet other women in a social environment where you can enjoy a glass of wine or a cup of coffee while hearing about the great work that these wonderful charities are doing here in our community. What could be better than that?!!
How Do I Join?
Please complete a Membership Registration Form.
Can I bring a guest?
No, only members are allowed to attend our meetings.
What if there is a tie vote?
There will be second secret ballot vote to determine a winner.
What if I don’t like the winning charity?
Majority rules. All funds go to only one charity, you must honour your commitment.
How often can an organization be nominated?
An organization can be nominated at each meeting. Once successful it cannot be nominated for one year.
Is my donation tax deductible?
Definitely yes! All organizations receiving the donation will send each member a tax receipt. Please confirm that the correct spelling of your name and address is on the cheque to ensure a prompt and accurate receipt is issued.
Please note, you may be able to make your donation by credit card online if the charity offers that. We will inform the membership if this option is available.
Does any of my donation go to the 100+ Women Who Care Regina administrative costs?
No! All funds are directed to the chosen charity.
We may occasionally seek out sponsorship.
Can I send the donation directly to the winning organization myself?
In some cases, an online donation may be available by the charity, however, as the donations must be tracked generally cheques, cash, and e-transfers are preferred.
What is a member of good standing?
A member of good standing is a registered member who ensures that their donation to the charity has been made on a timely basis either at the meeting or within 7 days.
What can I do if I want to nominate a charity, but I don’t like public speaking?
Please don’t let this stop your valuable nomination! You can contact the charity prior to nominating them to see if they will make a presentation.
What do you do with my personal information?
100+ Women Who Care Regina needs your information (name, address, and email) strictly to maintain a membership roster, communicate with you and to assist the charities to provide receipts. We will not share your information in any other way.
How does 100+ Women Who Care Regina communicate with its members?
100+ Women Who Care Regina communicates with its members through email, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. If you are not receiving emails, please contact us at email@example.com.
How long is a membership with 100+ Women Who Care Regina Chapter?
You will remain a member for as long as you wish. Providing you honour your quarterly commitments, you are a member until you resign. Membership is continuous.
What if I need to resign my membership?
Resignations will be accepted through email/written communication firstname.lastname@example.org. We simply ask that if you are going to resign, please inform us prior to the next meeting so we do not overestimate our group contribution to the next chosen charity.